Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"Ya Sí"

An ongoing joke now with my family and friends from school is "Ya Sí".  When someone speaks to me in Spanish, and if I understand I always say "ya".  Then I have to answer in Spanish so I say "sí". So I just end up saying "Ya Sí" literally all the time. It's really funny now because it has caught on and the kids in my class and my family always say "ya si" to me now. Some of the kids in my class joke around with it and make fun of it and then I see them later on Facebook commenting "ya sí".  It may not be funny to people reading this because it's hard to explain the reactions from people when I say it or they say it to me, but it just shows to me that my family and friends are making an effort to keep me laughing and having a good time. I know at the end of the year, when I actually can fluently speak Spanish, this will be something that we will look back on and joke about.  I have great classmates and they are always asking me questions and keep me laughing even when I am completely lost in the language!  I am so happy that I am here in Chile!

2 comments:

  1. Haha (jaja) I do the exact same thing, and my classmates make fun of me for it...also when I say "okay".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. My classmates make fun of it, but I know they love it because I always hear them saying it still and I barely even say it anymore!

    ReplyDelete